Re: postmaster startup failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: postmaster startup failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee> writes:
> WHen running PostgreSQL 7.3.3-1 (from rpm's) on Redhat 9.0 I got the
> following in logs and the postmaster will not start up.
> PANIC:  XLogWrite: write request 0/30504000 is past end of log
> 0/30504000

This looks like you've stumbled across some sort of boundary-condition
bug in xlog.c.  It must be a pretty low-probability situation since
we've not seen it before.

How large is the database in question --- would it be feasible to send
it to me (as a tar of the whole $PGDATA directory) for examination?