Re: [BUGS] strange array insertion - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] strange array insertion
Date
List pgsql-general
"Bernie Huang" <bernieyth@hotmail.com> writes:
> Strange enough, it seems like the 2-d text array size depends on the last
> element size.

Looks like a bug to me too ... probably silliness in the array_in
routine that determines dimensions of an unspecified-dimensions input.
Want to look at it?

> Btw, I was informed that
> rollback is not possible if array is involved (it auto-commits before you
> issue "commit" or "rollback" comands).
> eg; "begin;", "update tb1 set arr[1]='something';", "rollback;"

Array update had this strange idea that it's OK to scribble on the
source tuple :-(.  This is fixed for 7.1.

            regards, tom lane