Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: Spurious "apparent wraparound" via SimpleLruTruncate() rounding
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 2 янв. 2021 г., в 01:35, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> написал(а):
> There's no
> other connection to this thread, and one can review patches on this thread
> without studying commit c732c3f.

OK, thanks!

Do I understand correctly that this is bugfix that needs to be back-patched?
Thus we should not refactor 4 identical *PagePrecedes(int page1, int page2) into 1 generic function?
Since functions are not symmetric anymore, maybe we should have better names for arguments than "page1" and "page2"? At
leastin dev branch.

Is it common practice to embed tests into assert checking like in SlruPagePrecedesUnitTests()?

SLRU seems no near simple, BTW. The only simple place is naive caching algorithm. I remember there was a thread to do
relationsfrom SLRUs.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.