Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Andrey M. Borodin
Subject Re: [BUG] false positive in bt_index_check in case of short 4B varlena datum
Date
List pgsql-bugs

> On 7 Jan 2024, at 23:04, Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
>
> I see that using a temp file in PG_ABS_SRCDIR is common approach. But still I want to ask, maybe can we develop some
cleverway to reproduce the bug without external file?

BTW this stuff is causing problems in CFbot [0,1]
COPY varlena_bug TO :'filename';
+ERROR:  could not open file "/tmp/cirrus-ci-build/contrib/amcheck/results/varlena_bug.dmp" for writing: No such file
ordirectory
+HINT:  COPY TO instructs the PostgreSQL server process to write a file. You may want a client-side facility such as
psql's\copy.

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.

[0] https://api.cirrus-ci.com/v1/artifact/task/4880592609738752/testrun/build/testrun/amcheck/regress/regression.diffs
[1] https://github.com/x4m/postgres_g/runs/20240081462