Re: pl/pgsql Composite Parameter Question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pl/pgsql Composite Parameter Question
Date
List pgsql-general
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Looks like a bug to me :-(.  Unfortunately, there's no time to do
>> anything about it for 7.2.  In the meantime, the 16-parameter limit
>> is by no means graven in stone; perhaps you could cope for awhile
>> by recompiling with a larger FUNC_MAX_ARGS.

> Tom, can you summarize the issue here?

The issue for our TODO is that plpgsql doesn't work very well with
composite (rowtype) parameters.

> Our 16-param limit is for both
> old and new-style functions?  Did we agree to increase this, perhaps to
> 24 or 32.  Did we decide?

I don't recall any consensus in favor of changing the default value of
FUNC_MAX_ARGS.  It's already twice what it used to be.

            regards, tom lane