Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql-server: Update that 8.0 will support MS Win
Date
List pgsql-committers
> I think we need to actually find someone who reports a problem before
> stating something.  I don't see how we can assume it is unstable without
> some feedback.

You have *got* to be kidding.  It's a new port with major changes
needed, and you're going to assume it is bulletproof?  We do not work
that way on this project --- we err on the side of conservatism not
optimism.

In any case, it's not like we haven't been seeing plenty of bug reports
from users of the Windows beta.  Many of these may be pilot error, but
I wouldn't care to assume they all are.

            regards, tom lane