Re: New Object Access Type hooks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New Object Access Type hooks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 3/22/22 11:26, Mark Dilger wrote:
>> culicidae is complaining:
>> 2022-03-22 14:53:27.198 UTC [2167008][not initialized][:0] FATAL:  test_oat_hooks must be loaded via
shared_preload_libraries

> That seems quite weird. I'm not sure how it's getting loaded at all if
> not via shared_preload_libraries

After checking culicidae's config, I've duplicated this failure
by building with EXEC_BACKEND defined.  So I'd opine that there
is something broken about the method test_oat_hooks uses to
decide if it was loaded via shared_preload_libraries or not.
(Note that the failures appear to be coming out of auxiliary
processes such as the checkpointer.)

As a quick-n-dirty fix to avoid reverting the entire test module,
perhaps just delete this error check for now.