Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> Great, that's what I was hoping to see - proper errors where we've
> omitted things, not silent miscompilation.

And, just to make sure that ain't nobody happy ... brolga, our one
operational Cygwin animal, is still building without complaints.

We really need to understand what is going on here and why some
toolchains don't seem to feel that lack of PGDLLIMPORT is a problem.

Nosing around, I happened to notice this in src/template/cygwin:

# --enable-auto-import gets rid of a diagnostics linker message
LDFLAGS="-Wl,--allow-multiple-definition -Wl,--enable-auto-import"

Anybody know *exactly* what --enable-auto-import does?  The name
is, um, suggestive.