Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Well, it's taken us the full month to get this far through the queue, so
>> I'd sure like to have more people on board reviewing next time.  Alvaro
>> helped but I miss Neil Conway, and some other people have helped in the
>> past.  However --- the present situation has nothing to do with lack of
>> reviewers, it's lack of time to finish the patches.

> I did try to get us additional help in reviewing.  Neil was unavailable,
> and Alvaro could only give part of his time.

It strikes me that setting feature freeze in midsummer might not be the
best strategy for having manpower available to review --- people tend to
be on vacation in August.  Maybe the answer is just to move the dates a
bit one way or the other.