Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Let's take multiple-argument aggregate functions for example... The
> marketable portion of that is limited. 85% of the people we are
> marketing too don't even know what that means. Heck, I haven't even
> run into the pervious limitation :)

As far as market analysis goes, I'd guess that 100% of the people who
already use PostgreSQL by definition don't need any new features and
would rather see incremental improvements across the board, which is
what this or any release would give them.

--
Peter Eisentraut