Re: BUG #17817: DISABLE TRIGGER ALL on a partitioned table with foreign key fails - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17817: DISABLE TRIGGER ALL on a partitioned table with foreign key fails
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On 2023-Mar-03, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Basically just make the recursive steps match on tgparentid instead
>> of name, like this.

> Thank you, looks sane to me.

OK, will work on getting it committed.

> I wonder how come this problem took so long to be detected with Ruby on
> Rails; it's been in released 13.x and 14.x for seven months now.  I
> suppose it would be very useful if the Ruby on Rails community would run
> their tests more often on new Postgres versions (or even on the tip of
> stable branches).

Um ... 13.x and 14.x aren't showing the problem, or is there something
I missed?  But I agree that it'd be good if we could get some Ruby folk
to test more promptly --- it's pretty sad that this didn't get noticed
sooner in v15.

            regards, tom lane