Re: Locale-dependent case conversion in {identifier} - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Locale-dependent case conversion in {identifier}
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Nicolai Tufar" <ntufar@apb.com.tr> writes:
> So I have changed lower-case conversion code in scan.l to make it purely
> ASCII-based.
> as in keywords.c. Mini-patch is given below.

Rather than offering a patch, you need to convince us why our reading of
the SQL standard is wrong.  ("Oracle does it that way" is not an
argument that will carry a lot of weight.)

SQL99 states that identifier case conversions are done on the basis of
the Unicode upper/lower case equivalences, so it seems clear that they
intend more than ASCII-only conversion for identifiers.  Locale-based
conversion might not be an exact implementation of the spec, but it's
surely closer than ASCII-only.