Re: circular wait not triggering deadlock ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: circular wait not triggering deadlock ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2018 at 01:57:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> PID 20488 is evidently waiting for PID 6471 to finish its transaction.
>> What's that one doing?

> Um, I thought I had kept track of all two pids but looks not..
> query            | SELECT pg_export_snapshot();

pg_export_snapshot doesn't block for other transactions, though.
Further down, you have output that confirms that:

>   6471 | idle in transaction | psql      | SELECT pg_export_snapshot();

That SELECT is the most recently completed command, not the current one.
So now the question is what the connected application is waiting for
before committing.

            regards, tom lane