Re: COPY CSV header line feature - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: COPY CSV header line feature
Date
List pgsql-patches
> I think you should add the new reserved keyword to the
> unreserved_keywords list or some other.

*Every* keyword needs to be in one of those lists.  I'd like to have
some sort of automatic enforcement of this, because forgetting to
add a new keyword to the right list is an everyday error.

I've been thinking that it would be good if the table in keywords.c
included an indication of the reservation category of each keyword.
So one possible approach is to do that and then somehow check that
the gram.y grammar agrees --- or even better, mechanically generate
the keyword category productions in gram.y from the keywords.c data.
Not sure just how to do that though.

Any ideas?

            regards, tom lane