Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust script to be consistent (thanks Tom for the fix). - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust script to be consistent (thanks Tom for the fix).
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Pray tell, why do you think it's a good idea to not have version labels
>> in the contrib scripts?

> If we want them, they should be in all of them.

+1 for putting the label in all of them --- these files end up "loose"
in user installations, so having a clear version identity on them seems
like a Real Good Idea.

> I am worried slightly
> that a version label will make the SET search_path harder to find, though.

The documentation already says "first command", and there is already
one comment in front of that.  I don't think having two comments in
front of it will deter anyone smart enough to be installing contrib
modules into nonstandard schemas.