Re: How to keep a table in memory? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joshua D. Drake
Subject Re: How to keep a table in memory?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> I give this a +/- 1. Yes extremely heavy websites can do this *but*
>> they require extremely expensive hardware to do so.
>>

> I expect extremely heavy websites to require extremely expensive
> equipment regardless of the software they use. Cost was not the issue
> raised by the OP.

Cost is always an issue, even if implicit. If the person is so hung up
on the idea of pushing things into ram there is a pretty good
possibility they have priced out the 50 and 100 spindle devices needed
to get the same type of performance.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake