Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 04/24/2016 11:58 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... does this pragma work on *every* compiler we're going to use
>> on Windows?

> According to my research it works on all the MSVC versions we support. I
> didn't research the others (i.e. gcc), but we already use the pragma in
> float.c without ill effect. Isn't the way #pragma works that compilers
> that don't understand the particular pragma are just supposed to ignore it?

Well, the ones in float.c are guarded by "#if (_MSC_VER >= 1800)" and
will therefore not get compiled by any non-MSVC compiler.  I don't see
any entirely-unprotected #pragma uses in our tree, indicating that
we've not depended on any such assumption up to now.

Given that the whole file is platform-specific, it may well be fine;
I'm just voicing some concern.  I suppose the buildfarm will soon
tell us if it's not fine, though.