Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> So to me (a more docbook novice) it seems like it's the stylesheet
> that's limiting you to latin1, not the docbook parser.

But the "stylesheet" in question is part of the basic docbook
infrastructure, so the above distinction is academic.  (Or at least
that's what Peter stated upthread.)

To my mind the real problem is that one of the principal output formats
we are interested in is HTML, and there is no dotless-i entity in any
version of the HTML standard.  I trust I need not point out again the
difference between "my browser recognizes this construct" and "it's in
the standard".