Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i as plain i, because - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i as plain i, because
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> Oh sorry, it wasn't clear from the commit entry. It's not that
> DocBook doesn't support the character or that it can't be
> represented. It's just not supported in the document encoding we're
> using.

No, no, and no.

The reason that it doesn't work is that the document character set for
DocBook is Latin 1, so any attempt to refer to a character not in this
set is going to fail.

--
Peter Eisentraut