Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i as plain i, because - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i as plain i, because
Date
Re: pgsql: We're going to have to spell dotless i as plain i, because  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Sep 23, 2006 at 11:54:47AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > Well you could always use te HTML4 ı which most tools should
> > understand. At least browsers have good support for this kind of
> > entity.
>
> Please review the recent thread on pgsql-docs before reiterating all the
> suggestions.

Oh sorry, it wasn't clear from the commit entry. It's not that DocBook
doesn't support the character or that it can't be represented. It's
just not supported in the document encoding we're using.

Sorry for the noise.

Have a nice day,