Re: crash in 7.0.2... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: crash in 7.0.2...
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Michael J Schout <mschout@gkg.net> writes:
> Ive had a crash occur in postgres 7.0.2. When the db crashed, there
> was quite a bit going on, so I am not really sure what caused it.  As
> such, I cant really reproduce this :(.  The only thing that I have
> that might help you guys is the core file.  Below is a backtrace from
> the core file.

Unfortunately I don't think I believe the backtrace at all :-(.
quickdie does not call getenv, for example.  I think gdb has probably
gotten confused and printed garbage information.

You might want to recompile the backend with -g, in hopes of getting
a more useful backtrace if it happens again.