Re: [HACKERS] Repetitive code in RI triggers - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Repetitive code in RI triggers
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Ildar Musin <i.musin@postgrespro.ru> writes:
> [ ri_triggers_v2.patch ]

Pushed with two minor improvements.  I noticed that ri_setdefault could
just go directly to ri_restrict rather than call the two separate triggers
that would end up there anyway; that lets its argument be "TriggerData
*trigdata" for more consistency with the other cases.  Also, this patch
made it very obvious that we were caching identical queries under hash
keys RI_PLAN_RESTRICT_DEL_CHECKREF and RI_PLAN_RESTRICT_UPD_CHECKREF,
so we might as well just use one hash entry for both cases, saving a few
lines of code as well as a lot of cycles.  Likewise in the other two
functions.