Re: pgsql: Add GET DIAGNOSTICS ... PG_CONTEXT in PL/PgSQL - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Add GET DIAGNOSTICS ... PG_CONTEXT in PL/PgSQL
Date
List pgsql-committers
> Add GET DIAGNOSTICS ... PG_CONTEXT in PL/PgSQL

I don't find it to be a terribly good idea that GetErrorContextStack
does FlushErrorState().  Doesn't that imply that it can't safely be
used from inside error processing, which is more or less exactly
where it is intended to be used?  I would certainly think it surprising
that that call destroys all information about the error.

For the same reason, it's rather dubious that it uses ErrorContext as
working space.  There might not be a heck of a lot of space left there,
and I don't think that construction of this string really counts as
error processing.  It seems to me to be something done outside the error
subsystem.

            regards, tom lane