Re: tuple properties out of TupleTableSlot - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: tuple properties out of TupleTableSlot
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Schoudel, Brian" <BrianS@uillinois.edu> writes:
> Just for testing, I stuffed it into ExecEvalVar under the switch statement in execQual.c.  This was a chosen spot I
wasfairly certain I could get some kind of output.

Oh.  In that case you're probably going to be looking at a tupledesc
that was synthesized by ExecTypeFromTL from a targetlist constructed by
the planner --- and except at the top level of the plan, the planner
doesn't bother to assign column names to generated targetlist entries.
So I'd expect you always get empty-string names, unless you test with a
trivial one-node scan plan.