Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Robert Young <yayooo@gmail.com> writes:
> You got no knowledge about "client applications".
> What you said is your assumption.
> Without knowledge, you should consider them equivalent.
> PG got no priority.

Look, we will explain this once more.  Postgres is entitled to assume
that "localhost" means the local machine; there are Internet standards
saying so.  On the other hand, client applications that assume the
database server is on the same machine they are on are definitely
broken, and need to be fixed.

            regards, tom lane