Re: BUG #15598: PostgreSQL Error Code is not reported when connection terminated due to idle-in-transaction timeout - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #15598: PostgreSQL Error Code is not reported when connection terminated due to idle-in-transaction timeout
Date
In response to BUG #15598: PostgreSQL Error Code is not reported when connectionterminated due to idle-in-transaction timeout  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Responses Re: BUG #15598: PostgreSQL Error Code is not reported when connectionterminated due to idle-in-transaction timeout  (Marcin Barczyński <mba.ogolny@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> postgres=# SET idle_in_transaction_session_timeout=500;
> SET
> postgres=# BEGIN;
> BEGIN
> postgres=# SELECT * FROM pg_class;
> FATAL:  25P03: terminating connection due to idle-in-transaction timeout
> LOCATION:  ProcessInterrupts, postgres.c:2996
>     This probably means the server terminated abnormally
>     before or while processing the request.

This is not the default appearance of psql error reports.
I'd venture that you are setting VERBOSITY=verbose in your
environment, perhaps in ~/.psqlrc.  If you want the same
behavior on your Windows machine, you need to do that there too.

            regards, tom lane