Re: Cursors and transactions - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Cursors and transactions
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
"Chris Smith" <cdsmith@twu.net> writes:
> 1. I'd like to get *something* working fairly quickly.  Is it possible to
> force the 7.4 server to communicate using the V2 protocol, so I can quickly
> port my old patch and use it while I work on something more ambitious?

Yes, 7.4 still supports V2 protocol (and even V1 protocol, I believe,
though there may be bit rot setting in there since it's probably gone
untested for years...)

> 2. Starting on the more ambitious approach, I notice a comment to the effect
> of "we only support one cursor per connection".  Is that a fundamental
> limitation of PostgreSQL, or something specific to the drivers?

There's no such restriction on the backend side, so I assume this is
something JDBC-specific.  The comment could be obsolete, too.

            regards, tom lane