Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Backing up a DB excluding certain tables
Date
List pgsql-general
JORGE MALDONADO <jorgemal1960@gmail.com> writes:
> I am using *pg_dump* to backup a DB but I would like to exclude some tables
> so I added the *-T* switch with a pattern like this: *aspnet*.**. The
> backup command  includes the *-s* switch to consider the schema only
> because I do not need the data. However, even with the *-T* switch, the
> tables with the above pattern are created and I also want to exclude their
> creation. Is this possible? Or maybe I am not setting the pattern
> correctly. This is the command I am issuing:

> pg_dump -E win1252 -f c:/temp/respaldo.backup -F p -n riopoderoso -h
> localhost -p 5432 -U postgres -W -T aspnet*.* -s riopoderoso

"-n riopoderoso" is already restricting the dump to objects in
schema riopoderoso, so it doesn't look to me like that -T switch
is going to change anything.

I suspect the problem is somewhere else in your process.  Maybe
you are restoring the backup into a database that isn't empty,
but already contains the aspnet*.* tables?

            regards, tom lane