Re: Checking max_stack_depth automatically - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Checking max_stack_depth automatically
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
>>> For win32, we set the stacksize in src/backend/Makefile with
>>> "-Wl,--stack=4194304". So we know at build time what it is, if that
>>> helps you...
>>
>> Well, I can just wire that value into get_stack_depth_rlimit,
>> I suppose, but it sounds crocky.

> If we do, we probably move it to a define (which could just be in the
> Makefile) so we don't accidenally change one without the other, no?

OK, I've committed changes along these lines, but I can't really test
it.  Next time you make a Windows build, would you please verify that
it still defaults to max_stack_depth = 2MB, and that it will let you set
max_stack_depth no higher than 3.5MB ?