Re: \dt doesn't show all relations in user's schemas (8.4.2) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: \dt doesn't show all relations in user's schemas (8.4.2)
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Well, yes, because only the first one is visible. �The second one is
>> masked by the first.

> But the docs say that ALL objects in the schema path will be shown.
> So, my point stands, either the docs are wrong, or the behaviour is.
> I'd think it's the docs.

It says the *visible* objects will be shown.  Ones that are masked
aren't any more visible than if they were in some other schema
altogether: either way, if you want to reference such an object in
a SQL statement, you'd have to schema-qualify it.

            regards, tom lane