Re: explain output infelicity in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: explain output infelicity in psql
Date
Re: explain output infelicity in psql  (Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, I'm thinking we should probably suppress output of format.nl_right
> (no matter what the format) where there is only one column. (This is
> even uglier with unicode linestyle, btw). That's a sane rule and it's
> not an ugly hack.

Yes it is.  The real problem here is expecting the tabular format to be
copy and pasteable, which is not a design goal it's ever had, and not
one that we can start imposing on it at this late date.  Why don't you
just do "\pset format unaligned" (or "\a" if you're lazy)?