Re: currval question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: currval question
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Andy,

this is AFAIK on a per transaction basis.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain

PS: I often use a plpsql script for creating table entrys, this helps if
you have many foreign keys and need some checks and the last id too. It
looks roughly like this:

CREATE FUNCTION ...

nextid=nextval(''sequence'');

insert into table ... (nextid, ... ) ;

return nextid;

this way you can use the function in another insert, immediately using its
return
value for insert in the other table.

--On Montag, 16. September 2002 18:14 -0400 Andy Kriger