Re: question regarding regular expressions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tino Wildenhain
Subject Re: question regarding regular expressions
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Cindy,

--On Montag, 16. September 2002 15:07 -0700 Cindy <ctmoore@uci.edu> wrote:

> Tino Wildenhain writes:
>
>  >> I'm looking at, it says that you must issue a
>  >> createlang plperl <dbname>
>  >> in order to make use of this in a particular database.  Does this
>  >> need to be done prior to populating the database, or can it be done
>  >> any time subsequent?
>  >
>  >This can be done any time. And you dont have to stuck with perl,
>  >even python (plpython) is a choice :)
>
> OK.  I'm actually using 7.0.3 (it's supposed to be updated Real Soon Now),
> and the documentation:
> http://www.us.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.0/user/app-createlang.htm
> doesn't seem to be helping:
>
> Text=# createlang -l;
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "createlang"
... erm. look at psql/bin! createlang is (like
psql, createdb, initdb, createuser etc) a shell command!

Hope that helps :)

PS: try to migrate to 7.2, it helps in many things. For example
you can turn on plpython with configure options rather then
having to patch it in.

Regards
Tino