Re: Unknown kind of return type specified for function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Unknown kind of return type specified for function
Date
List pgsql-general
Avi Schwartz <avi@CFFtechnologies.com> writes:
> Tom,  your example showed me what my problem was.
> I was doing a 'select * from function(1,2,3)' instead for just 'select
> function(1,2,3)'

> Some of the error messages returned are so cryptic it is scary...

I agree, this one's pretty unhelpful, although in the original author's
defense I don't think he realized that users would actually get to see
this case.

As of a few seconds ago, CVS tip will say

ERROR:  function foo() in FROM has unsupported return type

which hopefully is a little more useful.

            regards, tom lane