Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Fixing WAL instability in various TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> You may be right, but the conversation about "all possible settings" was started by Noah.  I was really just talking
abouttests that depend on wal files not being removed, but taking no action to guarantee that, merely trusting that
underdefault settings they won't be.  I can't square that design against other TAP tests that do take measures to
preventwal files being removed.  Why is the precaution taken in some tests but not others?

If we are doing something about that in some test cases, I'd agree with
doing the same thing in others that need it.  It seems more likely to
be an oversight than an intentional test condition.