Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: libpq and prepared statements progress for 8.0
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Wheeler <david@kineticode.com> writes:
>>> Is this the task labeled "allow libpq to check parameterized data
>>> types" here?:
>>> http://candle.pha.pa.us/cgi-bin/pgopenitems
>>
>> I think that was something else, but memory is fuzzy.

> I'm less sure, since I was the one who asked Jan Wieck about this at
> OSCON, for which I believe that this is the relevant discussion:

Okay, here we have Bruce saying he'll add it to open items:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2004-08/msg00147.php

so I guess it is the same thing.  Good, that will give us some political
cover for squeezing it into 8.0 ;-).  Assuming that anyone steps up and
does the work, that is.