Re: Pgbouncer, docker and systemd - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Pgbouncer, docker and systemd
Date
List pgsql-admin

https://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-tutorials/pgbouncer-setup-extended-architecture-use-cases-and-leveraging-soreuseport

> The main problem has been that the sd_notify call will not get out
> from the container and the host's systemctl start is left hanging
> until a timeout occurs. And I have compiled my own pgbouncer
> --with-systemd flag so it is probably a docker container feature.

I think for your what you are trying to set up here, docker and systemd
are competing approaches for launching services and they will fight or
hinder each other.

If all you want is an up to date pgbouncer package, perhaps you will
find what you need on apt.postgresql.org or yum.postgresql.org.