Re: Pgbouncer, docker and systemd - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kristjan Mustkivi
Subject Re: Pgbouncer, docker and systemd
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Apr 19, 2022 at 5:08 PM Peter Eisentraut

https://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-tutorials/pgbouncer-setup-extended-architecture-use-cases-and-leveraging-soreuseport

> > The main problem has been that the sd_notify call will not get out
> > from the container and the host's systemctl start is left hanging
> > until a timeout occurs. And I have compiled my own pgbouncer
> > --with-systemd flag so it is probably a docker container feature.
>
> I think for your what you are trying to set up here, docker and systemd
> are competing approaches for launching services and they will fight or
> hinder each other.
>
> If all you want is an up to date pgbouncer package, perhaps you will
> find what you need on apt.postgresql.org or yum.postgresql.org.

Makes sense. Of course, there's a bit more: the environment where the
pgbouncer would be installed hosts different services packaged by many
teams and the standard for packaging is docker.

I will figure out a different approach. Thank you for the comments!

Best regards,
--
Kristjan Mustkivi

Email: kristjan.mustkivi@gmail.com