Pgbouncer, docker and systemd - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kristjan Mustkivi
Subject Pgbouncer, docker and systemd
Date
List pgsql-admin
Dear all,

Iam curious if anyone has tried to marry dockerized pgbouncer and systemd?

Why? To get my own most up to date pgbouncer version independent of
the OS provided package and coupled with systemd's offered port reuse
and separate management ports.

I happened to read

* https://www.2ndquadrant.com/en/blog/running-multiple-pgbouncer-instances-with-systemd/
*
https://www.enterprisedb.com/postgres-tutorials/pgbouncer-setup-extended-architecture-use-cases-and-leveraging-soreuseport

The main problem has been that the sd_notify call will not get out
from the container and the host's systemctl start is left hanging
until a timeout occurs. And I have compiled my own pgbouncer
--with-systemd flag so it is probably a docker container feature.

Cheers,
--
Kristjan Mustkivi

Email: kristjan.mustkivi@gmail.com