Re: Rendering pi more nicely in PDF - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Rendering pi more nicely in PDF
Date
List pgsql-docs
Alexander Lakhin <exclusion@gmail.com> writes:
> 26.04.2020 22:13, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Use of a new processing-instruction might not be the most elegant
>> way to do this ... anyone have a better suggestion?

> I would use the phrase tag, which is intended for such uses: [1] [2].

Good idea, done that way.

> The "phrase" sounds too generic, but it doesn't require yet another
> processing instruction e.g. for ∑ or a similar entity.

Yeah, lack of easy applicability to other cases was the main thing
bothering me about the processing-instruction fix.

BTW, I tried to also use this <phrase> markup inside the template for
<returnvalue>, so we'd only need one font-switching special case not two.
Didn't work though --- apparently templates don't get applied recursively?
Oh well.

            regards, tom lane