Re: [HACKERS] Streaming replication document improvements - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Streaming replication document improvements
Date
List pgsql-docs
> Thanks for the heads up.  It doesn't look hard to put a similar test
> in the walsender code path, but is there any reason to duplicate the
> code?  Seems like we might be able to just put this test (with the
> necessary modification) right before this comment:

Hm, actually I think you're right: we could move both of those
connection-rejecting tests up to before the walsender exit.  The
only extra state we need is ReservedBackends, which should be valid
at that point (in particular, it can't be affected by any process-local
GUC settings).

+1 for just moving the test.

            regards, tom lane