Rewrite multiple joins... - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From tripplowe
Subject Rewrite multiple joins...
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hey Folks,

I have a query that seems like it will never end.  I'm hoping you can help
me rewrite it.

I have 4 tables that contain information about house sales within the state
(sale, taxes, property, buyer).  Each table has an 'id' field that links
each record.  I am just trying to flatten these files so I will have all of
the information in a single file.  Below is my attempt to do so.  Is there a
more efficient way to rewrite the joins?

select * from sale, taxes, property, buyer
where sale.id = taxes.id and sale.id = property.id and sale.id = buyer.id

I'm using postgresql 8.3 on a Windows 7 machine.

Thank You,
-Tripp