Re: How to check is connection encrypted - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: How to check is connection encrypted
Date
List pgsql-general
"Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
> Client accesses server from Windows 10 using psqlODBC driver with
> sslmode=allow in connection string.
> How to verify that connection is encrypted ?

When using libpq directly, you could use PQsslInUse(),
or PQsslAttribute() for more detailed info.  I'm not
sure if ODBC provides any way to get at that.

Or, if you want to check/enforce this from the server side,
you could enable log_connections and see what's logged;
or simply change pg_hba.conf to disallow non-SSL connections.

            regards, tom lane