Re: add_path optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: add_path optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> It's been about 23 hours and it's still running.  No apparent memory
> leakage.  No significant disk activity.  One CPU pegged (of the 16 on
> the machine).

Hmmm ... I wonder if it could be stuck in an infinite loop?  It's
probably just a horribly bad plan choice, but ...

> Would a stack trace be of any value?

If you can attach to the backend with gdb, try "bt", then "cont",
then wait a few seconds, then control-C and "bt" again.  Repeat
five or ten times and see if there's any consistency to the traces.
You should be able to just "quit" and leave the backend running
afterwards.