Re: Compiler warnings with --enable-dtrace - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Compiler warnings with --enable-dtrace
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> writes:
>> Maybe we should do what the Perl people do[2] and post-process the
>> generated header file to add const qualifiers?  Please see attached.

> +1 for the idea.  I notice that Perl's version of this is careful
> not to munge lines that already contain "const" ... do we need to
> worry about that?

Oh, I take that back --- on closer look, I see that you're getting
the same effect by checking for a preceding paren or comma.  That's
arguably better than their way because it works if there's a mix of
const and not-const parameters on one input line, though likely no
dtrace implementation actually emits such things.