Re: missing indexes in indexlist with partitioned tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arne Roland
Subject Re: missing indexes in indexlist with partitioned tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 4:53 PM David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com> wrote:
> Arne sent me an off-list
> message to say he's planning on working on the patch that uses the
> existing field instead of the new one he originally added. Let's hold
> off for that patch.

I wouldn't say, I explicitly stated that. But I ended up doing something, that resulted in the attached patch. :)

For my own sanity I greped one last time for the usage of indexlist.

Most of the (untouched) usages have comments that, they are only called for baserels/plain tables.

Namely all but the cluster of partitioned tables. I had to reread that section. There we are just traversing the tree and omitting partitioned tables.

There is now a test section in join.sql for partitioned tables, that tests very similar to the

baserel case. That's more thorough, than what I originally went for.

Further feedback would be appreciated!

Regards
Arne

Attachment