Re: xid_wraparound tests intermittent failure. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: xid_wraparound tests intermittent failure.
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 2024-07-29 Mo 5:25 PM, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
I've attached the patch. Could you please test if the patch fixes the
instability you observed?

Since we turn off autovacuum on all three tests and we wait for
autovacuum to complete processing databases, these tests potentially
have a similar (but lower) risk. So I modified these tests to turn it
on so we can ensure the autovacuum runs periodically.

I assume you actually meant to remove the "autovacuum = off" in 003_wraparound.pl. With that change in your patch I retried my test, but on iteration 100 out of 100 it failed on test 002_limits.pl.

I think we need to remove the "autovacuum = off' also in 002_limits.pl
as it waits for autovacuum to process both template0 and template1
databases. Just to be clear, the failure happened even without
"autovacuum = off"?

The attached patch, a slight modification of yours, removes "autovacuum
= off" for all three tests, and given that a set of 200 runs was clean
for me.
Oh I missed that I left "autovacuum = off' for some reason in 002
test. Thank you for attaching the patch, it looks good to me.

Thanks, pushed.

cheers

andrew

--