Problem with accessing TOAST data in stored procedures - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Konstantin Knizhnik
Subject Problem with accessing TOAST data in stored procedures
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

More than month ago I have sent bug report to pgsql-bugs:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/5d335911-fb25-60cd-4aa7-a5bd0954aea0%40postgrespro.ru

with the proposed patch but have not received any response.

I wonder if there is some other way to fix this issue and does somebody
working on it.
While the added check itself is trivial (just one line) the total patch
is not so small because I have added walker for
plpgsql statements tree. It is not strictly needed in this case (it is
possible to find some other way to determine that stored procedure
contains transaction control statements), but I hope such walker may be
useful in other cases.

In any case, I will be glad to receive any response,
because this problem was reported by one of our customers and we need to
provide some fix.
It is better to include it in vanilla, rather than in our pgpro-ee fork.

If it is desirable, I can add this patch to commitfest.

Thanks in advance,
Konstantin