Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: lo_create(oid, bytea) breaks every extant release of libpq
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Presumably we should also fix libpq to not be so dumb.  I mean, it
> doesn't help with the immediate problem, since as you say there could
> be non-upgraded copies of libpq out there for the indefinite future,
> but it still seems like something we oughta fix.

It's been in the back of my mind for awhile that doing a dynamic query at
all here is pretty pointless.  It's not like the OIDs of those functions
ever have or ever will move.  It would probably be more robust if we
just let libpq be a consumer of fmgroids.h and refer directly to the
constants F_LO_CREATE etc.

I think there was some previous discussion about this, possibly tied
to also having a better-defined way to let clients depend on hard-wired
type OIDs, but I'm too lazy to search the archives right now.