Re: DELETE CASCADE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From David Christensen
Subject Re: DELETE CASCADE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On Jun 5, 2021, at 2:29 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>
> On 04.06.21 22:24, David Christensen wrote:
>> So what are the necessary and sufficient conditions to check at this point?  The constraint already exists, so what
permissionswould we need to check against which table(s) in order to grant this action?

> I think you would need DELETE privilege on all affected tables.

So basically where we are dispatching to the CASCADE guts, first check session user’s DELETE permission and throw the
normalpermissions error if they can’t delete?